A New and Improved SchoolZone for 2017-2018
Since 2006, SchoolZone has served as Edmonton Public Schools’ main tool for supporting communication between schools and families. Like all useful tools, SchoolZone must grow and evolve to meet everyone’s needs.
TIME FOR AN UPGRADE
Last year, the District invited parents, students and staff to share their thoughts about SchoolZone, asking what was working well and how it could better. Nearly 4,000 respondents shared their thoughts, and we've been working hard to use that feedback to make SchoolZone better for everyone.
After more than a year of research and development, a new version of SchoolZone will be ready for our school to test before expanding it across the District. We’re thrilled to help pilot this new design in 2017-2018!
WHAT CAN YOU LOOK FORWARD TO?
When new and returning families start school in September and sign in to SchoolZone, they can look forward to:
- a site that's easy to use on smartphones and tablets
- navigation that makes it faster and easier to find the information you need
- an improved way of notifying you when something new has been added
- all the same SchoolZone features you’re used to—like access to homework, attendance records and progress reports
HOW YOU CAN PREPARE
The pilot won’t begin until mid-August 2017, but there’s a few things you can do to get ready.
- Make sure you know the username and password for your SchoolZone parent account
- Sign in, access the My Account tab and set up a password reset security question.
Contact the school office before the end of June if you need help signing into SchoolZone.
Look for a post in SchoolZone, where we'll tell you how to access the new version. We'll also highlight key features of the new design.
When you sign in using your parent username and password, you’ll see the redesigned version of SchoolZone and use it throughout the school year.
We’ll ask for your feedback about the new design. Your ideas will help us make SchoolZone even better before it is rolled out across the District.
A SPECIAL THANKS
Staying connected with parents is important, and we couldn’t test this tool without you. Thank you in advance for helping us improve our online communication with families!